Sunday, August 5, 2012

Review: Pepsi Next Paradise Mango

 

My reaction to seeing this was pure "Wahhh?"  Mango!  In a cola!  But it's true, there's a Pepsi with a hint of mango in it.  Now, I haven't tried Pepsi Next either although it's supposed to have 60% less sugar than regular Pepsi (the whole bottle has 100 calories and is sweetened with High Fructose Corn Syrup, sugar and aspertain, so quite the combination).  I do like a lot of the colas that have hints of other flavors in them (although I'm a Coke fan in that respect).  Cherry and Vanilla Coke are something I'll drink when I'm craving a mainstream soda and it works well enough with citrus.  However, mango as a flavor hint to Pepsi is still a little jarring.  

Outsides:  It really just looks like normal Pepsi but smells like you dropped a piece of Stride Mega Mystery gum in it (Oh no, am I spoiling the mystery?  I actually think there's some strawberry mixed in there too).

Insides:  It's a little bit jarring at first since I never would have expected mango to go with Pepsi, but it kinda works.  This is a lot like cherry Pepsi in that the mango flavor makes the Pepsi a little sweeter and the cola flavor a little more mild.  The soda is really fruity scented, but isn't a blatant fruit soda in terms of intensity of flavor.  Also, I wish they'd have a little more cola flavor just because the mango is so overpowering.  As for Pepsi Next, it's not a terrible lower calorie option.  The soda tastes a little more syrupy than usual and you can kinda taste the asperain, but if you love pop and want to shave off a few calories, this is a LOT better tasting than normal diet (although I kinda like Pepsi Max).

Overall:  It's a bit strange but I like it.  This kinda makes me wonder what kinds of flavors will Pepsi release in the US next (because Japanese Pepsi has a TON of crazy flavors).  Pepsi Coconut?  Pepsi Melon?  Pepsi BACON!!!   Only the consumers and corporate executives can decide.

My Rating:  Try it!   Here's Pepsi's site if you want to look at it:  Pepsi.

Also, here's some pictures of the swanky room I'm in.  I work at my school's medical library as the media desk babysitter and they're remodeling the upstairs part, so I get to stay in the very classy yet very cold Rare Books Room.




 




No comments:

Post a Comment