Sunday, August 12, 2012

TasTEA Time! Peace Tea Diet Green Tea

 

Outsides:  I enjoy the sweet-looking can.  The can says "Matcha-style" but this is definitely not, with the tea being a gold color and smelling slightly floral.

Insides:  I actually like this more than the regular version.  It's not as sweet or the tea has a flavor, but it's definitely "better" than the sugar version.  I think one of the nice things is that the tea seems to have more subtle flavors mixed into it.  There's a hint of floral and citrus, and it really adds something to the tea.  It's definately not Matcha, but that's easy to tell just by the color.  Another thing to note is that this is sweetened with sucralose which is the same ingredient found in Splenda, so if you enjoy Splenda then you'll like this.  Overall, this is an enjoyable diet green tea.

Overall:  I guess if you want some no-calorie green tea that's still sweet, this is a pretty good choice.  It's cheap, good flavor and not overly chemical tasting.

My Rating:  Try it!  Here's the site:  Peace Tea

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I'm a little dubious of the actual weight loss effects of bottled diet teas like this one. If I'm drinking diet teas, I prefer drinking teas that are freshly brewed than bottled teas. The health benefits of green teas are more effective when freshly brewed because these maintain a high level of antioxidants, called polyphenols, compared with canned teas.

    Weight Loss Tea Co

    ReplyDelete